Painting your interiors offers a simple and effective way to enhance the look of your home. It seems like a simple task on paper, but it actually requires a great deal of time and skill. That’s why most homeowners hire painters for the job – but there’s no guarantee they won’t skimp on some crucial steps. When a paint job is done improperly, it will show – and no homeowner would want to be stuck with the underwhelming results. Here are some of the warning signs of a bad interior paint job.
- The prep work is non-existent. As with an exterior painting project, an interior paint job will need careful prep work. This means the surface of your walls will need to be repaired for minor flaws, such as dents and cracks. Any old high-gloss paint muse be sanded and removed to ensure the new paint will adhere to the wall surface. What’s more, the walls should be cleaned, rinsed and allowed to dry. If your choice of painter doesn’t perform any of these tasks, that’s already a big red flag.
- The painter isn’t using the appropriate tools. The bucket of paint and a paintbrush should not be the only things your painter is using. Check if the company also brought caulk, various brushes and rollers, edging tools, a sturdy ladder and other professional supplies. Is the team using masking tape instead of painter’s tape (which is wider and is usually green or blue)? That’s a sign that your interior paint job won’t end well.
- The room isn’t prepared at all. Your painters should use drop cloths to cover your furniture and flooring. They should also remove any light fixtures from walls and cover windows and outlets so they remain free from any paint streaks. You know what to do if these steps aren’t observed.
- The newly painted wall looks sloppy. After one wall is painted, make sure to check it thoroughly for possible issues. You’ll know the paint job is badly done when there are:
- Visible stains and flaws throughout the paint because of poor wall preparation
- Uneven and inconsistent colors – a common issue when only one coat of paint is used
- Blotches and streaks caused by applying paint on a dirty or wet wall
- Bubbles on the new coat of paint, which occur when the wall isn’t allowed to dry first
Aside from bathroom remodeling, Reliable Remodeling can also handle your interior painting needs. Expect only the highest quality results when you turn to us for this task. Call us today at (205) 988-9194, or fill out this contact form to schedule your consultation. We serve Pelham, AL, and the surrounding areas.