Whether you are building a new home or tackling a bathroom remodel, finding the style that resonates with you the most can be a big help. Read on for the need-to-know details about five bathroom styles, including key elements of each look.
- Farmhouse: This style features a collected look with minimal accessories, but an emphasis on nature-inspired materials, such as reclaimed wood and shiplap. Many home remodeling contractors incorporate repurposed furniture, freestanding bathtubs and vintage mirrors and lighting fixtures into farmhouse-style baths.
- Contemporary: Achieve the contemporary style by letting clean lines dominate your bathroom. In this design, you will not see architectural adornments like moldings or face frames on cabinets. Instead, the focus is placed on materials, such as granite and stone and simple lighting for a refined feel.
- Eclectic: If coloring within the lines is not your vibe, then maybe this architectural style is for you. Eclecticism incorporates elements of traditional motifs and decorative aesthetics that originated from other cultures or architectural periods. Simply, an eclectic look is a mix-and-match of colors and patterns that allow you to show off your cheery personality.
- Industrial: Exposed pipes, tubes and wires are commonly found in industrial-style bathrooms. This style also embraces raw materials, such as brick, concrete and steel. Although, the ceiling and floor are finished so the space does not look too rundown. Big-city lofts and industrial buildings-turned-condos bring into vogue the industrial look, but the style works well in homes where function and grit are sought.
- Craftsman: Craftsman-style spaces feature vibrant greens, warm neutrals and rich earthy tones that coordinate with natural wood. A simple frame and panel construction strikes a chord in a Craftsman bathroom. Finishes tend to be oil-rubbed and patinated rather than highly polished.
Contact Reliable Remodeling for all your home improvement needs. Our top-rated services include bathroom remodeling and exterior living upgrades. Give us a call at (205) 880-1911, or fill out our convenient contact form. One of our representatives will connect with you shortly!