Have you heard of a wall panel? This material is traditionally a flat wood piece that is cut into a rectangular shape. It is designed to be the visible and exposed millwork covering for a wall. Using this item allows you to enhance the look of your less-than-appealing walls during a home remodeling.
What Is Wall Paneling?
Walls are designed to support a structure and are used to enclose an area. Its panels, on the other hand, are equipped to provide a level of insulation and soundproofing combined with uniformity of appearance. Experts note that wall paneling can also be used in the replacement of tiles or wallpaper to conceal minor flaws in the walls, such as dents, cracks or dull interiors.
- Beadboards are traditional and vertically grooved panels.
- Board and batten are wide vertical molding boards.
- Flat paneling is a signature of contemporary design.
- Raised panels are deeply beveled squares and a style of paneling often found in older homes.
- Shiplap panels are long, horizontal boards that overlap each other.
- Tongue and groove is a mode of attaching two panels with a tongue inserted into a grove.
- Wainscoting is any style of wood paneling that is installed on the lower one-half to one-third of a wall. It is commonly assembled from beadboard panels.
The Benefits of Wall Paneling
As mentioned, this material is designed to resist moisture that can form mold and rot. With the correct wall panel installation, you will be able to prevent your walls from sustaining water-related damage whilst contributing to the interiors of your home. Keep in mind that this also is beneficial in boosting your home’s resale value and durability.
Reach our team for your exterior living needs. Reliable Remodeling is committed to always providing comprehensive and dedicated services to our clients with each and every project. We strive to produce quality relationships you will count on in addition to our quality work. Let’s talk about your upcoming home renovation project today. Call us at (205) 880-1911, or fill out our online contact form here.